January 30, 2013

because sometimes you realize how lucky you are.

it took me 2 and a 1/2 hours to get to work today, on what is supposed to be a 40 minute commute. i have been grumbling about this snow, ice, freezing temperatures, horrible traffic and disgusting smog for the whole month of january. i have also spent entirely too much time grumbling about making ends meet, professors that  waste my time, people at work that take advantage my willingness to help them out, and not having enough hours in one day to get everything done that needs to get done!

as i sat here at work this morning, it kinda hit me. i have a lot to be grateful for. although the roads have been icy and snow-packed, my silent prayers have kept me safe on those roads. money is tight, but this won't last forever. some of my professors are air-heads, but overall i am getting a quality education and i love school. i really do. i have a good job that allows me to go to school and get homework done (while i work..) i get to go the gym almost every day and get to do what i love. i don't have a lot of friends where i live, but the ones i do have are pretty great. although i feel swamped pretty often, i always have the weekend to catch up.

i have a wonderful, wonderful husband who's world revolves around my happiness.(just last night he got out of bed to get my textbook from the living room while i was typing in bed and didn't want to get out.) he makes me laugh every day, and more importantly makes ME feel like the funny one. we have a bright future ahead of us that involves travel, new experiences, new people, and fulfilling work (and some dang cute kids might i add!) he is my best friend.

life is never going to be perfect, and it's never going to be what i expect, either. but at the end of the day i don't care. i have what i need and the rest will take care of itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment