May 13, 2013

mother's day.

yesterday was mother's day, and although we were in the car driving back from colorado--here's a shout out to my 2 moms! (not lesbian moms. mother and mother in law.)
i was blessed with a hilarious, outgoing, charitable mother who is 17 at heart. i got my goofiness from her--for which i am forever grateful. i also got my ability to talk endlessly from her, of which i am sometimes grateful. thanks for being such a good example of service, giving yourself to others, positive thinking, and having faith in those you love, mom. i love you!
i also hit the jack pot of mother-in-laws. caryn is full of energy & good advice. she keeps a busy schedule of volunteering, supporting her kids in sports and social events--but still remembers to send jordan and i an easter basket full of our favorite candy and swimsuits for an upcoming vacation. although we've only known each other for a few years, i am grateful for the mother figure she already is to me, and for the example she sets to me to push myself!

needless to say, i lucked out in the mother department & couldn't be more pleased about these big shoes i have to fill. i love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment