anne shirley moment

outside of our apartment building there is a giant tree, and if ones like it lined the whole street, we would be covered in a canopy. it's draped in bright yellow leaves right now, a fall-lovers dream. everytime i open my door there it is, saying hello to my soul. yellow is my very favorite color.
 
 we stepped outside sunday for a nature walk up the canyon, & the wind was howling. it appeared to be raining at first glance, but as i looked closer, it was raining yellow leaves from my favorite tree! they danced around the street, swirled around all of the parked cars and landed in piles on the grass.
 
i had an 'anne of green gables' moment then. where the world seems so innocently magical, that even the scroogiest monster would have to crack a smile. i kept exclaiming, 'jordan! jordan!' like he had made the leaves rain just for me.
 
we re-visited the spot where we took our engagement pictures, and took some polaroids. it's almost as beautiful in fall as it was 2 summers ago. mother nature--high five.
 



 
speaking of anne of green gables, i need to re-read that one. here's a few favorite quotes:
 
“It is ever so much easier to be good if your clothes are fashionable.” 
preach it, anne!
 
“It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” 
 
“There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting.” 
 
“I read in a book once that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but I've never been able to believe it. I don't believe a rose WOULD be as nice if it was called a thistle or a skunk cabbage.” 
 
“Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds.” 
 
“Some people go through life trying to find out what the world holds for them only to find out too late that it's what they bring to the world that really counts.” 

 photo kaylasig_zps8b40f84e.jpg
 

Comments

  1. I like the photos! ooo and quotes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, i love these Polaroids! fall is so perfect for photos!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you called the beauty of nature "Innocently magical." That is exactly what it is. Perfect words. Oooh i got chills reading that. You nailed it. Fall feels magical throughout the season. I love this!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, this is so wonderful! i totally understand those moments. it seems to happen every time i venture into nature. it has a way of making you feel like magic is happening all around you. such a lovely post, and i just adore those Polaroids!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at Anne Shirley! Absolutely LOVE the movies and books so much!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, do you have any recommendations for where to get a good polaroid camera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my husband bought me a fuji instax off of amazon for my birthday, & thats where these pictures come from. it runs about 50 bucks, plus film. it's great, we've used it a ton!

      Delete
  7. Ahhh Anne of Green Gables! What a trip down memory lane!! Beautiful photos, I really like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment