a promise.

 
 
>>> i realized yesterday that i need to make myself a promise. to never complain about college ever again. there are too many people worldwide who never have the chance for an education--and a lot of people within this country would laugh at the possibility of attending a university. i don't care that to compete in the world i live in, i have to get an education--that doesn't take away the simple fact that it is a privilege.
 
>>> and i love school, i really do. i gripe and get stressed and complain, but i feel like my world, through education, is slowly becoming illuminated, one piece at a time. the more i learn, the more viewpoints i look through, the more i question the system--the more my black + white world turns to color. and although i will never even near knowing it all, the color i see now sure is stunning.
 
 photo kaylasig_zps8b40f84e.jpg
 

Comments

  1. And someday when you're done and graduated, you'll miss it. Don't get me wrong, I definitely don't miss the more stressful aspects like finals, but it was such a wonderful time of life that I look back on fondly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wonderful, and this is wonderful. This is exactly what I needed. I have been complaining about school so much lately, and I forget to step back and realize that it is a choice, and that I love school. I love learning, and I love having conversation in a classroom setting. This post is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're cute. what are you studying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're sweet! i'm studying communications--the best major in the world!

      Delete

Post a Comment