april 01.

 
+ i know everyone & their dog has been talking about the lds general women's meeting, but really. it's worth the conversation. it was a perfect reminder that we are all in this together, & we have no right to be tearing eachother down. we share a sisterhood that's pretty unique and so powerful. "because He loves you, He will provide the help that you need to move yourself, and others, upward." !!!
 
+ i've been coming across little sidewalk messages walking around provo. they put a smile on my face.
 
+ comedy sportz improv show = almost pee my pants laughing about 16 times. why don't i go there every weekend?
 
+ personal confession: i let myself get walked all over a lot more that i should. my personality is such that i would rather be the nice guy & avoid confrontation, even when it causes me strife in the privacy of my own thoughts. i have been trying to stand up for myself when i feel like i'm being mistreated, & it feels pretty dang good. it is much more liberating than i had imagined. standing up for what i think is right is giving me a strength in character, as well as a strength in the way i feel about myself. i hope i'm not the only one out there who deals with this, because it's a huge internal struggle. somtimes i just get so fed up with people assuming that it's ok to treat me however they please, because i won't call them out. & i'm starting to. (although i always try & be as kind as possible about it!)
 
+ i attended a presentation yesterday on the power of positive thinking, and some of the statistics were incredible. people who are optomistic live ten years longer than pessimists? releasing endorphins through exercize cured 9/10 depression patients long term? thinking positive thoughts before a test is proven to give you better results? it's empowering and overwhelming all at the same time--we are totally in charge of how happy our lives are. our minds can be very resilent and powerful, and our brains are literally hard-wired to perform at their best when positive. optomist thinking helps your brain function at the very basic levels.  i'm still chewing on that fact.
 
+ jordan & i have had a few opportunities open up to us recently, which have basically been a neon sign: god is in the details. He cares about what we care about, which is nice to know.

+ also, check out my first post on the 'be wise' blog here.
 
 photo kaylasig_zps8b40f84e.jpg
 

Comments

  1. Yes to the sisterhood! That meeting was really sweet and great. Also, I loved what you said about the power of positivity. I listened to this ted talk a little while ago about about body language that I think goes hand in hand, it rules:ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay no---YOU are the cutest. the women's session was the best, wasn't it!? i loved it so much. and comedy sportz may just be my favorite thing in the world. looks like we will all just have to go together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt like the conference was meant just for me but then I remembered that a million other women watched it too! It was so fantastic! Just what I needed to hear. I was struggling with getting along with roommates right before I got married so it was a nice reminder that we should treat each other kindly and be understanding. R. S. Conference makes me so excited for general conference this weekend!

    Xo. M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that snippet on being optimistic was needed today! I often feel in the middle of optimism and pessimism - realism? But thinking positively is so important and something I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally funny that you say that--the lady giving the presentation referred to realists as "neutral negatives"--not as bad as a pessimist, but not as productive/can't bounce back as quickly as an optimist. i thought that was interesting. i needed this reminder, too!!

      Delete
  5. How was that gelato!? I've been wanting to try it for so long now!
    And I love those quotes on the sidewalk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you love rich, dark chocolate you'll love that gelato. give it a try!!

      Delete

Post a Comment