July 29, 2014

cobler & surfing & jet skis.














we made a last minute decision to pop on up to boise for an annual camping and boating trip jordan's family makes at lucky peak--and i'm so glad we did! the lack of cell service was great for those of us who have no self control when it comes to checking our email, (um, me) and i got the chance to get to know some people in jordan's ward better. our camping spot was TOO cozy, i couldn't even handle it! you could only reach this particular spot by water, and it was all perfectly tucked back in the trees with it's little dock jutting out and a mini beach, just for us. 

you guys, i love the sun. i love being hot, i honestly do. i love sitting in the sun, i love feeling the heat of it glare down on me, i love when your whole body starts to warm from the inside, until the heat bubbles over into sweat and you have to jump in the water just so you can breathe normal again. i especially love the way the heat sparkles off of the blue lake, it's brilliant. 

we spent the entirety of each day on the water--by paddle board, boat or jet ski, only staying on dry land long enough to eat or sleep. i am picking up surfing and wake boarding (slowly, but surely) and only had one cringe-worthy wipe out. a win, in my book!


 photo kaylasig_zps8b40f84e.jpg

10 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun! paddle boarding is the best, i wish i did it more often. & we did use a gopro in the pictures you asked about!
    -k
    www.kerryjune.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I am longing for a vacation! This looks so fun and I actually enjoy a good sunburn from being out all day during summer time, kind of weird? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah it was the episode with rebarka! we were dying too. seriously soooo funny. they are so clever. the finale was funny too when andy says, "jinkies!"
    ok how cute is this camping spot you're talking about?! it sounds perf.
    xoxo
    e
    the little diary

    ReplyDelete
  4. i sooo agree on the sun. i'm a definite sun girl. the lake rules, looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, your summer has been flawless! This sounds like so much fun! I am definitely jealous. I want to go paddle boarding so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your having the time of your life! I love being in the sun and doing jet skiing and all the crazy adventures on the lake or at the ocean! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last minute adventures are always fun. I have not been jet skiing or any of those fun activities! I must try them sometime. Thank you for your sweet words on my blog. I love reading your blog and always look forward to your posts. - Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous!! Looks amazing! And I'm with you on the sun thing...waaaay better than the cold

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always hesitant to go somewhere without cell service, but once I have, I'm like THIS IS THE LIFE LET'S MOVE TO THE WOODS! Hah :) Glad you had a good trip!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are amazing! I wish I could go there right now. I'm so glad you had a good time, and wiping out only once is a huge feat! Wake boarding is hard, haha!

    ReplyDelete