high tea at the grand.

last weekend, the girls and i dressed up to have a tea party at the grand america hotel. we were pretty excited about it, and let me tell you. it did NOT disappoint!


the party was pure, unadulterated magic. i didn't know i had so many latent fantasies about a fancy afternoon tea party until they were being fulfilled right before my eyes. the harp player! the finger sandwiches! the chocolate mousse!  it was like, gossip girl episode slash princess diaries reenactment. 

i ordered the hazelnut coconut hot chocolate (you know, because i'm 12) and man alive! that hot chocolate could end wars. i sent it around the table to be sampled by the group, because i am a good friend. also because it would have been cruel not to. 

also, this. we experienced the strangest phenomenon -  when we took pictures, we would say to each other, "make your tea face!" and we would all pose identically - as if we had planned it out before-hand. backs straight, eyes wide, pursed lips, princess hands resting daintily on our laps. speaking of pictures, we had that tea-face perfected by the end of the afternoon. i don't think i have ever taken so many pictures at one event, it was ridiculous. i would have been embarrassed for myself, except i was having too much fun. 

afternoon tea at the grand america comes hiiiighly recommended from my and my troupe of ladies. (i'm saying that in a british accent.)










 photo kaylasig_zps8b40f84e.jpg

Comments

  1. Okay SO fun this is on my list of things I NEED to do! Yes, need, not want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness how fun!! A tea party is on the list of things I must do before my next birthday! Haha :) So do you have to make reservations or something or do you just go? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a blast! I want to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you girls be any cuter!? This all looks like so much fun :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously, you are the cutest. looks like such a fun time, I'll have to add it to my list! so excited to be following along! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok could this be any better. like, literal haha. i want to do a blogger tea party! come!
    xoxo
    e
    the little diary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment