one more post about fall.

yesterday, i was walking to my car from my "free expression in a democratic society" class. the sky was this romantic purple-grey and thunder was booming in the distance. all the sudden, the wind began to howl around me, playing with my hair and snatching all of the yellow leaves from the trees lining the parking lot. the leaves would dance in circles through the air, hit the ground, and then skip across the asphalt, making this perfect crinkly noise as they bounced. you know that sound? it's dainty and delicate - and it makes me want to crunch all the fallen leaves underfoot. i will forever go out of my way to step on crunchy leaves. it is 100% satisfying, because i believe there is something the tiniest bit lovely in destruction. the death of fall - leaves being ripped from their perch, turning them into dust with my foot and that gratifying crunch - the transition is captivating.








these pictures were taken a few weeks ago on a sunday drive to bridal veil falls + the alpine loop. my heart is so full from the beauty i have noticed all around me during this autumn. at times, it's been the sole happiness pulling me through. 

Comments

  1. you are such a good writer, i need to take lessons from you! i loved reading this post, it totally made me feel like i was there having the exact same experience, & these pictures are so pretty! i'm a real sucker for fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah all these pics are to die for! Provo canyon has been beauuuutiful this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are seriously the best writer. I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could read your posts about autumn all day long! You really do describe it perfectly, and your pictures are beyond beautiful. xx

    Eärendil

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a pretty girl. And those leaves - wow. My hubby and I drove the loop yesterday but sadly most of the leaves have fallen now :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow those are stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i will forever step on crunchy leaves too! never gets old... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. THESE ARE TO DIE FOR. your blog is a dream!!!!

    xo welltraveledwife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable are you? Those pictures are seriously so beautiful and I want your coat. Badly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh lord these fall colors are PERFECT. love it. and your trench is so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a gorgeous lady and these photos are way so beautiful! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness, oh please shall I lament if this is your last post about fall! Such pretty, rich colors. Wouldn't it be the best if fall was all year long? Like, the weather would still be warm at appropriate times, but what if the trees and everything would be these colors!

    I'd be one happy lady.
    xo,
    Malia
    littleladychangblog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment