worth it.



>>> friday night we went to the "divine comedy" show with some friends at byu. i was expecting it to be super lame, (sometimes mormon humor just doesn't do it for me, you know?) but was pleasantly surprised by how genuinely clever it was! between skits, they throw glow sticks out to the audience. at first i was all, "ok this is kind of weird.." but after we had been there for a while, my inner child made an appearance & told me that i must catch all of the glow sticks. so i was diving out in the aisle and jumping up and down, yelling for more glow sticks! i'm not sure why i included this detail, i suppose i found myself hilarious. i'm entertained so easily, it's sometimes disturbing.

>>> i tried out xtend barre provo this week, and seriously?? my inner thighs have yet to recover. tmi? that workout is killer in this way that my body is not used to - squatting for like 10 minutes straight or using 2 pound weights, while we proceed with 50 shoulder presses. i'm saying to myself, oh my gaaash this is hard, and in the same moment i say, ok i should get a month pass and go every day. also, there is a latent fantasy about being a ballerina that is being fufilled in a very small way each time i go. anyway, i would absolutely recommend trying. 

>>> saturday morning, my head popped off my pillow at like 8am, and in my half awake roll-over, i realized, "tonight is the first tree lighting!" it gave me butterflies! christmas magic is this unconquerable and unfailing thing, and like i've said before - i hope i never lose it. it's this spectacular energy that accompanies the season and is so addicting to me - it electrifies my mind and warms my heart. (in all fairness to thanksgiving, i have been making a grateful list each day and i am absolutely thrilled about cooking up a storm with my mother in law next week. next week! can you believe it?) last year, there were about 5,000 more people at the traverse mountain tree lighting, and it was 40 degrees warmer maybe? that wind chill was dropping us down to the single digits. it was so cold but so worth it. the accompanying fireworks show was really the cherry on top of the whole experience. afterwards, me and a girlfriend ate cookies and watched a christmas movie and i thought to myself, wait. this was the perfect night. so much christmas bliss.

>>> this morning i woke up early and got ready for work - only to realize i had gotten up 2 hours early. (womp wooomp.) i tried to go back to sleep, but ended up rolling into work feeling foggy and with smudgy makeup. happy monday to me. on a serious note though - i have been dealing with the worst insomnia the last week or so. does anyone have any sleeping tips for me? (besides medication. i fully support medicating yourself, but i have to get up too early for it to be a good idea.) i am ready to pull my heart out and i feel like crying all the time...? send any tips my way!

Comments

  1. The tree is up? Omg, I must go look at it right away.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! the traverse mountain one is purple & wonderful - and the one at provo towne center is up, too :)

      Delete
  2. Ah that tree just gave me goose bumps!! I'm so excited for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kayla. i have been wanting to try out xtend barre or whatever that thing is and i have even walked in there a couple times but have never just gone.
    now that i have a solid recommendation, i'm totally going. part of my learn to love working out thing that i'm working on.
    heyo riverwoods christmas tree is on the 21st at 6 fyi. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl. text me when you're going to go - i want to go with you. i'm still a big time noob, but it's fun! also, you KNOW i'll be at the riverwoods. are you & husband going?

      Delete
  4. yeah divine comedy is actually pretty good! I've been once or twice. also, that xtend barre thing sounds AWESOME. I did ballet for 7 years when I was a kid/teen and although I was never very good, I loved the strength and poise it helped me develop! I would love to try it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing that helps me get to sleep earlier is not looking at electronics an hour before I want to be asleep! I'll put my phone away and lie awake and read a book and BAM - I'm tired. Also that tree is mesmerizing... Purple and blue Christmas lights are my fav.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment