happy list 06.





+ "cool yule" by louis armstrong.
+ going to get dessert with a new friend, and having them just listen to you. i am usually the listener in my friendships, (something i truly love) but thank you kylie, for fufilling a need of being listened to, that i didn't even know i had. 
+ driving up y mountain to catch the sunset - and having it be the most insanely beautiful sunset i've ever seen! (in utah, at least.)
+ our little sunday tradition with some new friends: walking dead, dessert, and games.
+ "the christmas song" by nat king cole.
+ accidentally putting off homework to finish a book. (eleanor & park, it's a good one!)
+ listening to harry potter & the prisoner of azkaban on my way to work. 
this article on how to be a powerful and likeable female in today's work force. (and who doesn't like jenna lyons, really.)
+ boiling oranges & cinnamon sticks on my stove. seriously - it smells like happiness.
+ when your neighbors pop over to return something they borrowed, and you end up chatting for 2 hours in the doorway.
+ stormy, gloomy weather that makes me feel like bundling up and drinking steamed milk. so cozy.
+ feeling like you are slowly, and finally, getting your life together and staying on top.
+ "have yourself a merry little christmas" by mel torme, and also the kenny g version. (i seriously can't get enough of kenny g's christmas album. it is so. freakin. sexy.)
+ the fact that my family will be in arizona for thanksgiving - so this means the very first guilt-free holiday trip, as we will be spending our time in boise with ONLY jordan's family. no juggling two families, i could cry with excitement! you guys, i can actually relax. (no offense to my family.)
+ the first christmas tree lighting this weekend! squeeee!!
+ when i come home from a 13 hour day and the apartment is spotless. hashtag best husband.


Comments

  1. Wait so are you guys both from Boise? Also, cutest pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ashley, my family moved there after i moved away to college, but jordan was raised in boise :) we love it there!

      Delete
    2. Oh, nice :) My husband is from Boise, but I checked and it looks like he doesn't know your husband haha :)

      Delete
    3. wait, he is? i love that! my husband went to eagle but graduated from rocky mountain, and he's actually from meridian. what part of boise is your hubs from? (oh, and my family now lives in star! i love it!)

      Delete
    4. Yeah, he's from just south of Kuna. He went to Mountain View :)

      Delete
  2. All of things truly sound amazing. Also, I'm listening to Kenny G's version right now...and I could die. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that sunset is unreal. Idk how your pictures of sunsets look so good all the time. I try taking some and they never turn out as well as yours do. Also, love all the things on your happy list. There are honestly too many good ones to try to pick out and comment on a few.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mila, that is so flattering - especially coming from someone who is so talented at photography. this is totally weird, but putting the flash on helped intensify the colors that night. also, I have to give mother nature most of the credit. those colors were so intense!

      Delete
  4. Boiling oranges and cinnamon is the best! Be careful though--I tried that for the first time on Halloween night and forgot to keep adding more water. Ya . . . that was the anti-good-smell. Minus one pot for Gryffindor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha laura! I totally did that last year and I swear it took weeks to get the stench out of my apartment!! I learned my lesson.

      Delete
  5. This is a fabulous list! Love the happy lists so much! Also, thank YOOUUUUU for dessert date bc you know me I need amigas #extrovert. Can't wait to do that again!
    Plus, I love how Christmas-y you are in this list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely the listener in my friendships as well which I love! But sometimes you just need to talk. And I totally get the guilt free holiday - my parents and my in-laws live 5 minutes apart which means we spend our entire holidays running back and forth. That'll be fun to have a nice relaxing thanksgiving this year! And finally, CHRISTMAS! I'm so excited and this list just made me more excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. KAYLA! What is this tree lighting thing?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl, traverse mountain! it's a giant purple Christmas tree & they are lighting it this Saturday night between 6 and 7!

      Delete
  8. You are seriously the cutest! And I am definitely a fan of boiling oranges and cinnamon! The smell is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always been a candle type of person, but I have been seeing a lot of things on Pinterest lately about boiling orange peels and the like. I've always been kind of skeptical about trying it though... but maybe now I will! Also I am reading Harry Potter 3 right now too! Yay for Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this list is perfect. it makes me jealous. you and your husband need to live closer to salt lake, so we can be couple friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh I got to watch last nights episode of The Walking Dead!! That's on my list today :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment