there's a ted talk entitled "10 things i know to be true" - and it has sparked a lot of discussions across the internet - asking, what are your ten things you know to be true? things that you are 100%, you are totally sure of?
i have spent hours scrolling through forums, page after page, reading other people's lists. every list is like a door into that stranger's soul. it surprised me that i agreed with almost everything written down, by all of these randoms across the world. i know that truth is all relative, but perhaps we are all closer to one center point than we think?
i came across points that made me think, ones that made me laugh, but there was usually one point on everyone's list about love. (and a LOT about choice. people have strong convictions about taking responsibility for your own choices, creating your own world, not blaming others for things that go wrong, and i love that about humanity.) love seems to be the central theme of life in general, don't you think?
here are a few, taken from some lists that i found intriguing:
>> "Loving someone or something heart and soul does not necessarily make it good for you, or them, or it."
>> "Learning is fun but UNlearning is good for you."
>> "The truth is always more complex and nuanced than we first think."
>> "The most important thing you can teach anyone is how to learn on their own."
>>"I must be happy with that imperfection, as it suggests there is always room for self improvement."
>> "Love is the most simple yet most complex phenomenon on earth which everyone gets but no one understands."
and here is my list:
1. every human has a story worth hearing and can add good things to your life.
2. i was created for a purpose. i have things to do on this earth and a destiny, so to speak, to fulfill.
3. the gospel is the solution to nearly every problem we face on this earth.
4. there is never a time where kindness isn't the right path. people who are not kind will pay for it.
5. a good workout can always make you feel better about life. endorphins are real.
6. working hard and being passionate makes a happy person.
7. art can change the world; it can make you feel things nothing else can.
8. being well read makes you a better human - in every aspect of life.
9. being in love is the most fulfilling human emotion - the second is inspiration.
10. 99% of one's success and happiness lies in how they chose to respond to hardships.