10 things i know to be true.


there's a ted talk entitled "10 things i know to be true" - and it has sparked a lot of discussions across the internet - asking, what are your ten things you know to be true? things that you are 100%, you are totally sure of?

i have spent hours scrolling through forums, page after page, reading other people's lists. every list is like a door into that stranger's soul. it surprised me that i agreed with almost everything written down, by all of these randoms across the world. i know that truth is all relative, but perhaps we are all closer to one center point than we think?

i came across points that made me think, ones that made me laugh, but there was usually one point on everyone's list about love. (and a LOT about choice. people have strong convictions about taking responsibility for your own choices, creating your own world, not blaming others for things that go wrong, and i love that about humanity.) love seems to be the central theme of life in general, don't you think?

here are a few, taken from some lists that i found intriguing:

>> "Loving someone or something heart and soul does not necessarily make it good for you, or them, or it."

>> "Learning is fun but UNlearning is good for you."

>> "The truth is always more complex and nuanced than we first think."

>> "The most important thing you can teach anyone is how to learn on their own."

>>"I must be happy with that imperfection, as it suggests there is always room for self improvement."

>> "Love is the most simple yet most complex phenomenon on earth which everyone gets but no one understands."

and here is my list:

1. every human has a story worth hearing and can add good things to your life.
2. i was created for a purpose. i have things to do on this earth and a destiny, so to speak, to fulfill.
3. the gospel is the solution to nearly every problem we face on this earth.
4. there is never a time where kindness isn't the right path. people who are not kind will pay for it.
5. a good workout can always make you feel better about life. endorphins are real.
6. working hard and being passionate makes a happy person.
7. art can change the world; it can make you feel things nothing else can.
8. being well read makes you a better human - in every aspect of life.
9. being in love is the most fulfilling human emotion - the second is inspiration.
10. 99% of one's success and happiness lies in how they chose to respond to hardships.

Comments

  1. Your number 4 and number 9. And 5. I haven't heard this TED talk (surprisingly) and am about to go listen to it NOW. Maybe I'll make my own list, you've inspired me. Also the one about teaching someone to learn on their own, love it. People are so insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "99% of one's success and happiness lies in how they chose to respond to hardships." I sure love your words and they always come at the very best times. Everyone of those numbers are so true, but 10, that one is key. Thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cool idea! I agree with all of yours. I am going to find the ted talk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. art can definitely change the world, i couldn't agree with you more

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a good list. and it makes me identify with you (per item 1 on the list). that number 1 is one my strongest convictions, too.
    also, HAPPY MISSIONARY DAY WOOOOO YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYA

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect list!! I truly believe in number 10 with all my heart! Its the secret to happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i looove your list!! now youve made me want to journal mine!. # 2, 3, 5 are my favs...except the longer i try to pick, i think that all 10 are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i looove your list!! now youve made me want to journal mine!. # 2, 3, 5 are my favs...except the longer i try to pick, i think that all 10 are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment