February 13, 2015

favorite love songs.


in honor of valentines day, i made a master list for most of my favorite love songs. i'm so grateful that marriage has given me a stomach for the ultra-romantic. ;)

my favorite love song of all time, forever, is "la vie en rose" - the louis armstrong version, because "la vie en rose" or seeing the world through rose-colored glasses, it the perfect description of love - to me.

"give your heart and soul to me,
and life will always be
la vie en rose."

mmmmm....so good, right?

anyway, without further adieu, here is my love songs list, which is not for the faint of heart or weak of stomach. three cheers for being super mushy-gushy! (i kind of hate myself for loving all of this crap, but ya know what? i really do love it. so i am accepting myself.)


into the mystic - van morrison
fields of gold - sting
l-o-v-e - nat king cole
unforgettable - nat kind cole
at last - etta james
dream a little dream of me - louis armstrong
sunday kind of love - etta james
can't help falling in love - elvis presley 
(jordan and i danced to the michael buble version of 'can't help falling in love' for our first dance.)
i love you for sentimental reasons - linda ronstandt
just one look - doris troy (this one's the best for dancing in the kitchen!)
we are in love - harry connick jr. 
let's stay together - al green
every time we say goodbye - karrin allyson
wonderful world - sam cooke
the way you look tonight - frank sinatra
my girl - the temptations
this will be (an everlasting love) - natalie cole
i hear music - billie holiday
twistin the night away - sam cooke
how sweet it is - michael buble
ain't too proud to beg - the tempations
you can't hurry love - phil collins
slow dancing in a burning room - john mayer (ok so this is technically a break up song but it's got an awfully romantic sound to it.)
stand by me - ben e king
i'd rather go blind - etta james
is this love - bob marley
thinking out loud - ed sheeran (swoon)
if that's what you wanted - one republic
call me irresponsible - michael buble
crazy little thing called love - michael buble
beyond the sea - bobby darin
save the last dance for me - michael buble


5 comments:

  1. This playlist is almost identical to mine haha. I'm a sucker for oldies!! Too good. And don't get me started on Louis Armstrong. That song never gets old. Happy happy pre-valentines day ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making this so I don't have to. Many suggestions I would have chosen! Also a big fan of "la vie en rose"!! Also check out "Tenerife Sea" by ed sheeran if you haven't heard it yet. Literally tears of love for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. STOP. I danced to the SAME song at my wedding. Also by Michael Buble. It's just so. romantic. We truly are soul sisters. Also I second Aubrey's comment about Tenerife Sea, extremely beautiful song. I'm in the middle of a love affair with Ed Sheeran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. soul sisters! i love that song SO MUCH & love that you do, too.

      Delete
  4. I love "La vie en Rose" too! My dad always played it while he made breakfast on weekend mornings for us when we were kids. And Elvis's "Can't help falling in love" is one of my all time favorites. Have you heard the Ingrid Michealson cover?

    ReplyDelete