taking stock 09.








loving: jordan a little extra lately. warning, sappiness ahead: the other night, he met me in the parking lot to take groceries in and before i even said hello, he grabbed my face, kissed me, and said, “thanks for making me want to be better.” ??? like where did this angel man come from? in the same week, i had a terrible day and to make me feel better he suggested we “get a cookie from swig and then make out in the car to christmas music.” LIKE DOES HE KNOW ME PERFECTLY??!! holy smokes does he get any better??  

& one more brag: i have been talking to a few un-married friends about their dating lives, and have just felt especially grateful for the way jordan treated me through our time dating. we didn’t have a perfect relationship, but i never questioned for one millisecond if jordan was 100% in. he pursued me, he told me how he felt, & i always knew i came first. (still in awe of how i pulled this one off!) 

dwelling on: the spirit felt throughout our entire conference weekend. every six months i feel like i need those messages more and my life is more affected by them. we were able to attend the sunday afternoon session and although watching conference in your pj’s stuffing blueberry muffins into your mouth is wonderful, being in the same room as the prophet is something that i don't want to ever take for granted. 

still obsessed with: the pink hair. it's faded quite a bit, but each shade is cooler than the next.

watching: hocus pocus (twice in the last three days, whoops) it just makes it feel like fall!

 looking forward to: our six months of travel and family time after we graduate in december.

cooking: oh wait, i still don’t cook. LOL. i did throw some chicken, potatoes, and carrots in the crock pot with cream of chicken soup for a fall fhe on monday, and it made my house smell like a cozy fall cabin.

smelling: the “leaves” candle from bath and body works. it was given to me as a birthday gift and i am HOOKED. “leaves” is the stupidest name for a candle – whoever came up with that maybe should be fired – but the smell is a perfect autumn combination.

 reading: “china dolls” – a historical fiction about being asian during wwii. (also set in sf!) it would make it on my “must read” list, it’s so good! 

remembering: how insane utah sunsets are. 
 
also reading: “broadcast hysteria” – a detailed account of “war of the worlds” hysteria in 1938. the book is researched based so it’s a little slow, but anything media-related sucks me right in.

listening to: brene brown’s “rising strong.” it’s an incredible read and her research, based around how being vulnerable is the key to connecting with people, is a revelation.

 wasting time: welcoming mindy lahiri into my life again. & danny castellano. that show is just my kind of humor & i so wish the episodes were coming at me faster than once a week!

a little worried: about my senioritis. the vigor with which i approach my studies usually starts to wane about midterms. this semester i lost focus like, the second week? i am having that mental battle every morning i get up for class, where i rationalize skipping the entire day, or at least my first class? deep down i really love school, but this semester is struuuuuugles.

surprised: at the lack of fall colors. we rode the chairlift at sundance this past weekend and although it is still breathtaking up there, hardly a shade of yellow was to be found! since this is our last fall in utah, i am a little disappointed – but maybe it’ll make the transition easier. (the only thing that softens the blow is thinking about christmas in big cities. ahhhhh!!)

 appreciating: the crispy fall air every morning as i walk through our tree-lined parking lot. it smells all mulchy and makes me feel SO COZY. there is nothing better!

Comments

  1. I have senioritis too and I still have one more semester! Bleh. Thats so fun that you guys are going to travel for a little! Where are you going to go? :) Also, "make out to christmas music".....dying that is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, YES! Everyone is losing their pants about the fall colors and I have felt like such a downer because I seriously have felt like they are super BLAH so far!? So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Also, Senioritis is a very real thing, I had is so extremely bad my last semester, and I have no advice on how to deal. Just truck through and endure that's basically all I did. My work was sad, but I made it through and so can you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my goodness, even though there aren't too many fall colors yet, those photos are gorgeous. also if you want to keep the pink hair it should be pretty easy to tone it up yourself, you can get some temporary pink hair dye from sally's and mix it with your conditioner and leave it in for a little bit when you shower! I did that for a little bit for fun when i was blonde. also! throwing chicken in the crock pot IS cooking. that's the beautiful thing;) anyway, I always love these little updates from you and I love the way you talk about jordan! so cute :')

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I love how you're like, "I don't cook!" And I can't get enough of Hocus Pocus, either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost my focus with studying around the third or fourth week this semester! We don't have midterms (thank goodness) but end of semester exams are approaching faaaast. 28th and 31st October, say whaaat? I need to get cracking. ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, so you and the boy are super stinking cute. Also I like your life because I have always wanted to die my hair pink. I wish I had the courage to find the temporary kind so I don't panic as much.

    xoxo,
    Kayla @ watsonwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment