thankful list #3



+ i am thankful to feel everything as deeply as i do. this weekend, i wept after hearing the casualty numbers in paris. (on the way to the movies, no less.) i felt real, genuine anxiety for a friend preparing to take the GRE, and cried again as my husband gave her a blessing. my insides lit up completely with christmas magic as i watched the traverse mountain christmas tree be lit. i feel so many things is a very complete way, and although sometimes it's exhausting, i am thankful to be emotionally sensitive - it connects me to those around me. my human experience is flawed, but being emotionally alive makes it always feel so fulfilling.

+ i am grateful to have witnessed an outpouring of love on social media after what happened in france this weekend. i am grateful for the knowledge that good will always be greater. (& grateful that my cousin serving in paris right now is accounted for & safe!)

+ i am thankful for cold winter air that feel clean and crisp inside your lungs. i am thankful that snow is so pretty, even if it makes driving a nightmare.

+ i am thankful that my dad's cancer has a high survival rate. !!!!!

+ i am thankful for compliments - receiving them (mila told me i was the most "festive" person she knew and it literally made my life) and giving them. (making a goal to compliment three people a day has significantly contributed to my overall happiness.)

+ i am grateful that jordan can grow a full, thick, sexy beard and i am grateful that he is almost graduated from byu so he never has to shave it EVER AGAIN. his facial hair kills me.

+ i have kinda already shared this sentiment, but at friendsgiving last night it popped into my head again. i am so grateful for our life here in utah. it is full of way more good friends than we deserve, and i am grateful that the thought of leaving them instantly brings me to tears. i love that so many of those friends have become family, and i hope that we can create relationships in SF as special as the one's we have here.

+ after seeing an art exhibit dedicated to her last week, i am feeling especially grateful for my heavenly mother and for the times that i have felt her influence.

+ i am intensely grateful to be a woman, and for the opportunity it gives me to create what "woman" means to me. i am thankful for my femininity and how it defines me in so many beautiful ways. i am thankful to be a mother someday.

+ although i don't have a place to call "home" per say since my family moved after i left for college, i am grateful that they ended up in boise. it is the most magical place! i am grateful that i have grown to love it (was not exactly thrilled at the thought of idaho when they first told me) and i love that it holds so much sentiment for my husband.

Comments

  1. I love your list! It's easy to get caught up in all the things we wish were different about ourselves or our lives, post like this are a great reminder that life is good - even when it's not perfect.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it all.

    and are you rocking a turtle neck in that first pic? love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you write. You're able to acknowledge your strengths and appreciate them without coming across proud or arrogant. It's so honest and real. Such a hard thing to come by, but you do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your thankful lists!! They are so happy and positive. Your outlook on life is so good! Keep it up pretty lady!!
    xoxo
    Karli

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are seriously the coolest :) I really love what you said about being grateful to feel things deeply. Personally, I have a hard time feeling some things. Like, put on a movie and I'll cry every time, but face me with a real person feeling something real and sad, and I have a hard time knowing what to do with it. I wish I felt more deeply, so I love that you know to appreciate the fact that you do. I think that is really amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't know if I am just feeling extr emotional cuz of Jess today or what but this post made me cry like the whole way through. And I really want to try that complementing 3 people thing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment