i don't think it'll come as a shock to ANYONE that i am obsessed with anything that falls under the label "chrismtasy" or "festive" or "merry." christmas magic brings me LIFE, and so i usually start this bucket list somewhere early november to ensure that we maximize our time in december. this year, we are working around finals, moving (a million times barf) jordan's sister coming home from her mission, and a last minute trip to a yellowstone cabin with friends. these next few weeks are going to be a DOOZY, but i will not yield!! this will be our most festive christmas yet!
(also, yes i am wearing the same coat in every picture down here. it's my favorite one, okay?)
1. christmas in color light tunnel.
2. utah symphony at abravanel hall. (not technically christmas, but it still feels festive and fancy, right?)
3. festival of trees.
4. park city main street date to see the christmas decor.
5. temple square lights, because duh.
6. use this map to go see christmas light displays at least once.
7. motab christmas concert. (we wont tickets this year waddupppp!!!)
8. wear my sparkly reindeer sweater to at least one holiday party. (and my gold sequin skirt, now that i think about it.)
9. watch the first presidency christmas devotional curled up on our couch.
10. take another kissing picture by the draper tree of life.
11, watch freaking HOME ALONE and ELF and MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET.
12, experience "chrismtas street" in sugarhouse for myself.
13. put up our chrismtas tree & hang some mistletoe, even though it'll only be up for about ten days. (womp woooomp.)
14. read the chrismtas story in my personal study.
15. cathedral of the madeleine's christmas concert.
other ideas that didn't make it on the all-star list this year:
1. hogle zoo christmas lights.
2. a lighted christmas cruise down the provo river.
3. candy window displays in south jordan.
4. ice skating at the gallivan center.
5. provo main street being lit up this friday.
6. this christmas carols concert in provo.
7. you can see the nutcracker in provo! (we went last year & it was so good!)
8. christkindlmarkt (the german christmas market) at this is the place park.
9. we did the santa run last year & it was a total BLAST.
10. go to another's faith's church service around christmas-time. some of my favorite holidays memories have been lighting candles and rockin' out to christmas music at a nondenominational service.
HAPPY CHRISTMASING, YOU GUYS! (and if there are is anything we missed PLZ let me know. i'm not above skipping school/work to fit in more chrismtas magic.)